Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CFO VS CEO Brew Day

Well Sunday was thee hardest brew day ever at 18th Street, we brewed an all organic Chocolate Oatmeal Stout for my best friend Erin King CEO of Francis Ellis Candles & Blanca CFO 18th Street Brewery.They both are vegetarian and can't have Dairy. After a hard look for organic product I got everything I needed to make a very high quality organic beer, I went over budget on this beer because it needs to be perfect. So Sunday morning Blanca put on her rubber boots and came into to the brew house to help me brew, Erin had to work so she was not able to make it. Blanca did an awesome job and I had a great time teaching the person who cut the checks and is very honest about the product we produce.

This beer has super high quality Verona Chocolate, Whole Vanilla bean's, Extra Chocolate Malt and Extra Carmel 40 Malt. I used White Labs yeast for the batch, and it fermenting away at 69 degrees. Blanca & Erin will come up with a release date and Blanca will come up with a name for this beer soon so check back for details. The fermenter's or full again and we need 1 more fermenter and keg fridge to store all of our kegs, so we are on the for 2 new or used chest freezers or old working fridge. If you know anyone who is buying a new fridge soon and want to get ride of there old one please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment